The Random Access Information Blog has moved to a new URL address. You can find new posts at: raiwebs.com

Monday, October 25, 2010

AWA 2010: Shinji Aramaki and Friends


Con Attendees

Atlanta, September 18 – Being sandwiched between the summer anime convention season and New York Comic Con, I was initially hesitant about attending Anime Weekend Atlanta 2010. The two big draws for me were hanging out with some friends and meeting anime director Shinji Aramaki (荒牧 伸志).


Everyone is a Critic Panel (Left to Right): Paul Chapman (The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast), Gerald Rathkolb (AWO), and Daryl Surat (AWO)

The great majority of the convention was spent hang out with friends. Since AWA is more low key than other larger conventions, I actually got the chance to talk to people. I also had the opportunity to attend some interesting panels like Everyone is a Critic and the Podcaster's Roundtable.


Shinji Aramaki with a Deunan Knute cosplayer

The other major reason I went to AWA was Shinji Aramaki. I attended his panel and his signing event. After the signing, I had a great interview with the master mech designer and veteran anime director for Giant Robot Magazine. He is a fascinating storyteller with tons of industry experience.

No comments: